The introduction of electronic forms
Online forms on websites are a great way to improve the functionality of your website and it’s really not that hard to get started. Our SA schools love e-forms, but most of the time we use hard-copy versions that need to be printed on paper, filled out by pen, and then stored somewhere on the premises. These days it’s too hard to find a household with a printer, and those that do usually don’t have any ink! What if we could avoid all this and have the forms done electronically?
Benefits of online forms for schools
There’s a bunch of reasons why online forms are useful not only to our schools, but also for the families that have to use them. Here’s some of our top reasons:
- Convenience – You don’t need anything to fill them out (no paper, no pen, no printer) – just a computer or phone (which most will have ready in their pocket anyway)
- Instant – submitted forms reach the sender straight away
- Sharing – the ability to share via email or direct your community to page on your website
- Save time for your office staff
- Have an electronic copy (in case you lose the paper form)
- Better for the environment
Best time to start using online forms is now
Since the ease of restrictions from COVID, there has been an increasing need for communication between parents and the school. This means more duty for the school front office staff.
One of the most popular online forms that we are setting up for schools is for Reporting an Absentee. This form is the perfect example of a useful form because:
- It gives a quick way for families to notify the school
- It doesn’t require immediate attention for front office staff to answer phone calls
- Parents can use it anytime (the night before) if a child is unwell
- It gives an option for parents to explain the reasons why a child is absent
- Recorded electronically for parents or staff to refer to
Here’s an example of a Report an Absentee form that we did for East Adelaide School:
Other online forms examples used in education
There are a number of forms that we have created for our SA schools, but here’s our top 10:
Online form integration on your school website
If you would like to see more examples of these forms -or- if you would like to find out more about how you can integrate Online Forms into your school website, please contact our team or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.